The International Affairs Office at the NHRF is concerned with:
- the support of the Institutes of the NHRF with the various directorates of the European Union and the surveillance of research contracts stemming from them
- the support of research programmes and the surveillance of contracts stemming from the structural funds of the European Union managed by the General Secretariat for Research and Technology within the framework of the Operational Programmes for Research and Technology I, II (EPET I,II) etc.
- the support of the representation of Greece in international organisations such as the European Science Foundation (ESF).
- the drawing-up and surveillance of contracts for scientific cooperation with corresponding organisations such as the French C.N.R.S., the British Royal Society, the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences in Sofia, and others.
- the organisation of conferences, scientific meetings, visits of international delegations and other events.