1994- : Research Director at the Institute for Historical Research, Department for Byzantine Research / NHRF
1980-1994 Responsible for the Programme "Archives of Mount Athos", IBR.
1975-1980 Research assistant, Institute for Byzantine Research / NHRF
1974-1975 Seminar of Palaeography (prof. A. Kominis)
1972: Diploma of the Faculty of Philosophy (Department of History and Arhaeology), University of Athens.
MAIN FIELDS OF RESEARCH
History of the Late Byzantine and early post-Byzantine Monasticism (with focus on Mount Athos history) and ecclesiastical institutions, Byzantine and post-Byzantine dipolmatics and paleaography, The Byzantine and post-Byzantine Archives of Mount Athos.
Coordinator of the Program: Archival, Palaeographic and Diplomatic Research. (Coordinator and execution of the Research project A Archives and Manuscripts of Mount Athos; coordinator of the Research project B1The Byzantine Documents of Patmos.
Academic supervisor of the research project "The Book in Byzantium: Byzantine and Post-Byzantine Bookbinding" carried out by the Institute for Byzantine Research in collaboration with the Byzantine and Christian Museum and the Hellenic Society for Bookbinding (2002- ).
Editor and reader of the publication series "Athonika Symmeikta"
Undertaking and execution of European and national programs:
1. 2002-2005: "Searching for the Tzar's aid. Athos and Russia (16th-17th centuries)".
2001-2004: European Program (Culture 2000): "Rinascimento Virtuale. Digitale Palimpsestforschung".
2004- European Program "Pandectes" (É.G.R.A., I.B.R., I.N.R.) on behalf of the Institute for Byzantine Research.
- Seminar of Historical Sciences of the I.B.R (2000-2003). Courses: The Diplomatics of the Post-Byzantine Patriarchal Documents. The Diplomatics of the Monastic Documents. The Structure and Function of the Ecclesiastical and the Monastic Archives.
- International Seminar of the Hellenic Palaeographical Society. Thessaloniki, December 2001. Subject: The Typology of the Ecclesiastical and the Monastic Archives.
RECENT INVITED PAPERS IN/AND ORGANIZATION OF SYMPOSIA AND CONGRESSES
Organization of three International Symposia: 1. International Symposium: "Images of the Mother of God. Perceptions of the Theotokos in Byzantium", Benaki Museum & Instiute for Byzantine Research. Athens, 12-14 January 2001. 2. International Conference: Rinascimento Virtuale "The World of the Palimpsests in the Libraries ïf Greece and the Patriarchates and Monasteries of the Christian East". Athens, 7-11 May 2003. 3. International Symposium Pachomios Roussanos. 450 Years from his Death (+1553). Zakynthos, 9 -12 October 2003.
Participation in 19 International Symposia and Conferences (invited papers) in Greece, Italy, Cyprus, Russia, Bulgaria, FYROM, etc. Among them:
i) 1st International Symposium of Archivists: Archives and perspectives in the new millennium. Nicosia (Cyprus), 4-6 May 2000. ii) International Symposium Les saints Slaves dans l'histoire de l'Eglise chretienne. Sofia-Ivan Dujcev Center, 14-16 July 2000. iii) International Symposium: The Culture and Art of Ohrid and the Christianity. Ohrid (FYROM), 1-3 October 2000. Subject: "Mount Athos and Ohrid in the First Decades of the 16th Century". iv) International Symposium: "Images of the Mother of God. Perceptions of the Theotokos in Byzantium". Benaki Museum & Instiute for Byzantine Research. Athens, 12-14 January 2001. v. International Symposium: "1453: The Capture of Constantinople and the transition from medieval to modern times", Rethymno, University of Crete, 18-20 October 2002. vi) International Symposium: "Cyprus and the Eastern Mediterranean". Nicosia, University of Cyprus, 1-2 November 2002. vii) VIeme Colloque International de Paleographie Grecque, Drama (Greece) 21-27 September 2003. viii) International Conference: of the program Rinascimento Virtuale, "Libri palinsesti greci: conservazione, restauro digitale, studio". Rome, 21-24 April 2004 ix) XIIth International Ecumenical Conference, "Athanasius and Monasticism on Mount Athos", Bose (Italy), 12-14 September 2004. x) International Symposium: "Il monachesimo d'Oriente e d'Occidente nel passaggio dal I al II millennio cristiano". Grottaferrata, 22-26 September 2004.
- The "Axion Esti". History and Worship of the Icon of Protaton, Mount Athos 1999, 7-17, notes 31-33.
- I monasteri del Monte Athos e il mondo ortodosso dopo la caduta di Costantinopoli, Cristiani de l'Oriente. Spiritualita, arte e potere nell'Europa post bizantina, ed. G. A. Popescu, Milano 1999, 71-77.
- The Scriptorium of the Iviron Monastery during the First Decades of the 16th Century, The Greek Script in the 15th and 16th Centuries, Athens 2000, 523-568. (NHRF/IBR, International Symposium 7).
- The Portaitissa icon of Iviron monastery and the cult of the Virgin on Mount Athos, M. Vassilaki (ed.), Images of the Mother of God. Percepions of the Theotokos in Byzantium, Aldershot 2004, 133-142.
- The Kellia of Karyes (Mount Athos), Thessaloniki 2004.