Ph.D. in Polymer Chemistry, University of Athens, Greece (2008)
M.S. in Polymer Chemistry, University of Athens, Greece (2005)
B.S. in Chemistry, University of Athens, Greece (2003)
RESEARCH & TEACHING APPOINTMENTS
04/2010 - : Researcher Associate, TPCI, NHRF, Athens, Greece
10/2008 - 03/2010: Institut de Chimie de la Matiere Condensee de Bordeaux, Bordeaux, France
MAIN RESEARCH INTERESTS
Synthesis and characterization of well define polymer
Development of polymer based hybrid materials
Synthesis of hybrid materials for non-linear optical applications
Participant (as young researcher) in six national and international research projects in collaboration with academic organizations (national:Bilateral Scientific Schemes; EU: ESF, TOK).
CONFERENCES AND INVITED TALKS
28 international and 10 national conferences.
HONORS & AWARDS
- Selected to attend the Lindau Nobel Laureate Meeting, Germany (June 2009).
- Young researcher award for the poster presentation entitled ''Polymer Decorated Carbon Nanotubes Templating the Growth of CdS Nanoparticles: Towards Intramolecular Charge Transfer Processes'', 3rd Workshop on Nanoscience and Nanotechnologies, Thessaloniki, Greece, July 2006.
- One of the most promising young researchers in Greece according to the Greek daily newspaper Imiresia (paper magazine vol. 74 10/12/2005).
- Selected to attend the school ''The 2004 Lectures in Chemistry and Physics: The Nanotechnology Revolution'', founded by Onassis Foundation and organized by Foundation of Research and Technology, Crete, Greece (July 2004).
- Postgraduate Fellowship from the State Scholarships Foundation of Greece (2003-2004).
PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS & ACTIVITIES
Member of the Association of Greek Chemists and Greek Polymer Society
30 original publications in refereed journals, 3 publications in conference proceedings, co-author of 1 chapter in a book and 1 chapter in an encyclopedia, 3 review articles, more than 150 citations.
SELECTED RECENT PUBLICATIONS
1. ''Synthesis and pH Responsive Self-assembly of New Double Hydrophilic Block Copolymers'', G. Mountrichas and S. Pispas, Macromolecules 39, 4767 (2006)
2. ''Aqueous Carbon Nanotubes Amphiphilic Block Copolymer Nanoensembles: Towards Realization of Charge Transfer Processes with Semiconductor Quantum Dots'', G. Mountrichas, S. Pispas and N. Tagmatarchis, Small, 3, 404 (2007)
3. ''Synthesis and Solution Behavior of Carbon Nanotubes Decorated with Amphiphilic Block Polyelectrolytes'', G. Mountrichas, N. Tagmatarchis and S. Pispas, J. Phys. Chem. B, 111, 8369 (2007)
4. ''Grafting Living Polymers onto Carbon Nanohorns'', G. Mountrichas, S. Pispas and N. Tagmatarchis, Chem. Eur. J., 13, 7595 (2007)
5. ''Solubilization of Carbon Nanohorns by Polyelectrolyte Wrapping and Templated Formation of Gold Nanoparticles'', G. Mountrichas, T. Ichihashi, S. Pispas, M. Yudasaka, S. Iijima and N. Tagmatarchis, J. Phys. Chem. C, 113, 5444 (2009)