The NHRF Central Administration constitutes the fundamental core of the NHRF bearing the overall responsibility for handling and managing the administrative, financial and technical issues of the NHRF.
The NHRF Central Administration essentially consists of:
- the Personnel Department
- the Financial & Provisions Department and
- the Technical Services Department
Apart from the above, the Central Administration bears the responsibility of
- the representation in international organizations and the E.U.,
- the promotion of relations with sources of funding (ministries, organizations, industry and the European Union),
- the management and monitoring of research programs,
- the support of the ''Science and Society'' activities. The NHRF organizes special educational events in the form of lecture series and exhibitions informing the scientific community and the general public on the latest scientific developments which mainly derive from the research programmes of NHRF Institutes. The transcribed texts are also published in books
- the running of an International Relations Office and of a Liaison Office.
The operation of the Central Administration focuses on :
- The administrative support of the Institutes based on contemporary IT practices.
- The planning of infrastructure in order to achieve economies of scale.
- The submission of proposals to the Administrative Board on issues of strategic development, particularly regarding the various Institutes.
- The coordination of joint programs, which involve more than one Institute.
- The undertaking of entrepreneurial activities through the Liaison Office, taking into account the macroeconomic environment of the area.
- The representation of the NHRF in international scientific organizations or other international fora (ESF, EUROHORCs, etc) and the running of programs of exchange of scientists (Royal Society of London, CNRS, etc).